Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 11 in NICU



October 1st, 2015

Day 11 in NICU

Abby's Brain Scan was Negative!

I can't believe that it is October 1st already. It is also the first time driving a car since August 28th, the day my water broke. My C-section is healing well and I'm no longer needing pain medication.

I drove up to see Abby by myself this morning and got the chance to hold her but again for only a short period of time. Miss Abby kept dropping her heart rate every time she was working on a poop.  We let her finish and then her little feisty self pulled out her feeding tube. She is so active for being only 26 weeks old. All the nurses say she seems older than she really is because she is so active and alert. Once she finally got her feeding tube out she was so proud of herself!

Abby weight today was 1 lb and 13 oz, and her PICC line came out making it so much easier to move her as she is no longer hooked up to TPN and lipids. Her feedings have increased to 14ml every 3 hours with an added human fortifier that helps increase her calories. I can't remember if they told me the fortifier increased her calorie intake by 22 calories per ml or oz. Abby's bottom still remains red but is getting better. She got a bath last night as well-she will get a bath every 3 days during the night. I hope next mouth when they switch to baths during the day I will get the chance to give her a bath as well.

Thank you all for all the prayers and positive thoughts. God truly is working miracles as Abby's brain scan came back negative today for any hemorrhage. Dr. Su informed us that her little brain looks great! Another brain scan most likely won't be done unless there are concerns.

She is getting bigger each time we see her. 





Aunt Bonda got her very own carseats today as well. The kids were excited especially Trey as he got to face forward. I didn't have the strength or energy to get his seat in rear facing....

No comments:

Post a Comment