Friday, October 2, 2015

Day 12 in NICU

October 2nd, 2015

Day 12 in NICU

27 Weeks Old Today!!!

My precious baby girl is 27 weeks old today and she is a whopping 1lb 14 oz. According to Dr. Su this is probably her birth weight and it's amazing she has gained it all back. They have increased her feedings again to 16ml every three hours with 2 packets of milk fortifier to increase her calories even more. 

When I showed up this morning baby girl was screaming and when I looked in her isolate I noticed she had pulled her CPAP with prongs down into her mouth. She was very worked up and when I put her CPAP prongs back into her nose she got even more angry. She continued to cry and get more worked up until the nurse switched her back to the CPAP mask. Once she put the CPAP mask back on she immediately relaxed-and she relaxed so much she stopped breathing. It took a lot of stimulation to get her to take a breath and even though I know it's normal it's really difficult to watch your baby girl turn from a nice pink healthy oxygenated color to gray....

Abby's CPAP remains at 21% PEEP of 5, isolate humidity has decreased to 30%, her temp before I got to hold her today was 98.1, she had no residuals after increased feeding dose. When I was holding her today she was very alert and had her eyes open. I held her for over an hour. Amazing...

Abby's room: Room #21

Abby's isolete
Abby's feeding tube pump

Abby's vitamins

CPAP machine

hospital breast pump I get to use at the bedside


Holding Baby  girl



Abby's CPAP




No comments:

Post a Comment