Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Day 24 in NICU

October 14th 20

Day 24 in NICU

Today was a relaxing day with Abby. We got to do care time for over an hour and although it's not true cuddle time because I can't kiss her or rub her back (bc of infection and stimulation etc.) I was in  heaven. Getting to the hospital is another thing. If you know Austin then you know the traffic. It's brutal some days and being in it for over an hour every day takes a toll on you. Also, since I was on bedrest for a month me legs are very weak and I often get leg cramps while driving.  Totally sad I know, right!?!? I feel like my time is rushed somedays as well because I have to leave earlier enough to beat traffic on the way home. I look forward to the days I get to stay closer to the hospital but dread being away from my kids again. Thinking about makes me cry because it's truly two separates worlds. One world in San Marcos with my family and dogs and another in a hospital an hour away with Abby.

Trying to stay positive and upbeat about it can be difficult somedays but having such wonderful support from friends and family has really helped. Again all the messages, notes, meals and texts are so helpful, especially when you are feeling blue or sorry for yourself. Some days just suck! I said it-they do.

Abby looked great today and was pretty in pink in a preemie outfit we bought her. She was literally swimming in it! She was sleeping so well when I arrived. She remains on the Biphasic Bipap and today she was tolerating the prongs. Her belly was soft and continues to tolerate her feedings. Her weight remains at 930 grams. On the way home I got her a custom cake to celebrate her 2 pound milestone with family. Who doesn't love cake!

Pretty in pink

New breathing machine for Abby

Heaven

I added this photo of Abby's "kennel" to show all the moving parts on her isolate.  This is how the nurse left it when she got Abby out today so I could hold her. Some family members have sent nice gifts that they would like to be in the isolate or taped on it. Literally every part opens and having dangling items just adds to the "stuff". I case of an emergency we don't want these items to get in the staffs way. 

Look at all that beautiful dark hair. It's bunny soft



No comments:

Post a Comment