Thursday, October 15, 2015

Day 25 in NICU

October 15th 2015

Day 25 in NICU


Todays visit happened in the evening. We are in the process of moving to our new house after many months of remodeling and I couldn't get away during the day because I was meeting with people. I arrived at the hospital for the 9pm care time. Abby had a big poo and looked great on the monitor. However, she had a rough day. She had 8 apnea episodes during the day and 2 more before I arrived. The night nurse told me she had to "bag" her before I arrived and she didn't feel comfortable have me hold her. I was already tired and exhausted and this just put me over the edge emotionally. Hearing that my baby girl wasn't having a good day was difficult to hear and then not being able to hold her was rough.  I love this little peanut so much and just wanted to make everything better.

Abby's weight was 1000grams today (2 lbs 3 oz).

Got to hold her sweet hand 

Hand to Hold a non-profit organization was in the NICU Thursday night handing out these cute cards. I had to add the "sparkle".

Resting well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment