Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Day 9 in NICU

September 29th 2015

Day 9 in NICU

26 weeks and 4 days old

I was anxious to get to the hospital today as I got uplifting news that I could try and hold Abby again today. I am still unable to drive due to my c-section so Aunt Bonda was kind enough to drive me up to see Abby.

Abby had 3 apnea events in the am but once she got her am latte the nurse said she was doing better. TF still remained at 12ml every 3 hours with little to no residuals.  They started adding iron supplements and a liquid multivitamin to her tube feedings in preperation to getting her PICC line out and stopping lipids and TPN. Her bottom still remains red so I hope they leave her bottom to air so it can heal up. Everything else remained the same.

I got to hold Abby for about 1.5 hours before we had to leave to get the kids in San Marcos. It was an amazing feeling holding her little warm body against mine.

Baby Abby right before I got to hold her


Emma also had her second soccer game this evening. It was the first time I have gotten to see her play  since I was in the hospital for most practices and her first game. She really struggles with getting out there and playing so her daddy has to hold her hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment