Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 42 in NICU

November 1st 2015

Day 42 in NICU

Amazing News!!

Today was the day Dr. Su decided to put Abby on nasal cannula! Never thought she would be off of CPAP this early and breathing like a big girl. She is doing amazing and I can't stop staring at her! He started her on 3 L and she loves having the mask off her face. Her face is a little bruised still from the CPAP but that should go down quickly. I literally didn't want to give her up today and leave her at the hospital. Today was the first day that I felt like she was my baby girl and that we would be taking her home soon. I know that probably sounds weird but not being able to see your babies face and hold her like a baby just didn't feel right until today. Many happy tears today...

Daddy didn't get to visit today as we were dealing with our basement being flooded. Dad had to rip up all the carpet....But I sent him lots of pictures. 



Trying to open her eyes!


yawning










No comments:

Post a Comment