Thursday, September 10, 2015

Day Seven: 23 weeks and 6 days

September 10th 2015

Day Seven: 23 weeks and 6 days

Today was another blessed day and I couldn't wait to write down my excitement that another day was over. I had a wonderful visitor in the morning who brought me Starbucks, coffee creamer and much needed Febreze spray (I feel like my room stinks). Thank you Mandy.

I know I  have said this already and I'm repeating myself but the little things really help me get through the day and having good conversation truly makes the day fly. I also enough all the little gifts my friends and family have given me. Again the little things are very appreciated and make my day!

As we approached 24 weeks a great milestone my excitement was cut short around 3pm as I started to bleed and have sharp shooting pains with some contractions. My nurse immediately put me on the monitor, upped my IV fluids and made me NPO in preparations for surgery. Blood work and ultrasound was done quickly. Doctor did a quick exam and determined that I was dilated 1-2cm. Pain and bleeding could be associated with placenta previa. After all the excitement everything was okay. My labs looked good, no infection, ultrasound of baby girl looked great and pain eased. Still bleeding and having some contractions during the night but as Bill and I are learning there are going to be many of these scares as my body prepares itself for delivery. The nurses and doctors take everything very seriously and are very thorough at the end of the day-and we appreciate all that they do.

I wanted to thank two good girl friends, Shannon & Jen who drove up to see me yesterday and were actually in the parking lot when all this went down. I appreciate your support, love and prayers as I was struggling last yesterday.

Words of Encouragement:
 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillipians 4:13

Mandy brought me these cute frames for the kids to decorate

I did a little decorating!





No comments:

Post a Comment