Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day Six: 23 weeks and 5 days

September 9th, 2015

Day Six: 23 weeks and 5 days

Today is the 13th day I have been on bedrest. The 13th day! I can't believe it and feeling so blessed that we have made it this far. We are getting the IV antibiotics, have gotten the steroids and finished my magnesium dose this morning. It wasn't fun but we did it. The bolus of magnesium was awful; burned my vein and I felt pretty warm and loopy for a while. Trying to get sleep was also difficult because I had to have hourly vitals all night long and couldn't move so I could keep baby's heart rate on the monitor. Since she is so tiny and my placenta is anterior we often can't find her, so once we do find her I literally don't move. Lack of sleep and magnesium on board I had a pretty bad headache this morning but I really can't complain-even though I just did ;)

Today was gloomy outside and I wasn't feeling very upbeat this morning after a long night. I was looking forward to my visits today from Leslie and Aunt Angela though. Leslie was bringing me smoothie king and Aunt Angela was bringing Starbucks coffee, seriously the BEST! The simplest things are so wonderful when you are on bedrest. Feeling so blessed to have such wonderful ladies in my life to help me during this difficult time. Got to hold and snuggle little miss Emmeline today as well and she is such an angel. Can't wait to hold my baby Abby.


Grandma Rosie flew in late last night to help Bill with the kids as they had become sick and weren't going to be able to go to Mandy's house. Thank goodness she arrived when she did because Emma got sick today and threw up. Really wish I could be with them to snuggle while they are sick. It was pretty lonely tonight and I was struggling not being able to hug and hold them. I was pretty upset and broke down and today's words of encouragement really helped me.

Words of Encouragement:

In the day when I cried out, you answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.

Psalm 138:3


Angela read this to me today before leaving and really helped remind me of how thankful I am for another day with my little dancer....

No comments:

Post a Comment